Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Apreotesi on the Way!




At the sugar shack
At the Boston Museum of Science
Hello, all!  Very sorry for the lapse.  Life has certainly gotten away with me.  We had a great last few months in lovely Cambridge. We went out to our favorite maple sugar shack one last time in the spring.

Mario's prime rib











We had a great Easter with some great friends.  Mario made prime rib again, and it was delightful.  Josh got to enjoy not one but three different Easter egg hunts.  Once we opened an egg and showed him there was chocolate inside, he was much more willing to wander around and pick up eggs!
Easter egg hunt with friends after dinner












 I spent almost two weeks in Moab and Las Vegas with my family in March, during which time I found out I'm pregnant!  Since Mario wasn't with me on the trip and I didn't want to tell him over the phone, I couldn't tell anyone in the family while I was with them.  I'm pretty proud I was actually able to keep a secret like that for almost a week, actually, but I sincerely apologize for my moodiness and my inability to explain exactly why I was crying at the drop of a hat!
 
We started in Moab with Dad and all the siblings except Scott and Anita.  It was a little on the chilly side.  It actually snowed one day.  Josh took it like a champ, though, and played outside a lot even in the freezing weather.  He got his first taste of an old Foutz favorite, camp donuts, and had a BLAST on the little electric four-wheeler Grandpa Riggs brought for the grandkids to play with.  Josh was willing to sit in it for 20-30 minutes waiting for an older cousin to come along who was willing to give him a ride since he was too short to reach the pedals.  I also got to ride a quad for the first time in forever when we took an expedition out to the Gemini Bridges. 






 































After Moab, we went to Las Vegas to meet Grandma YaYa, Wendy and her family, and Scott and Anita.  We spent a few wonderful days with everyone playing on the Strip and at Wendy's house.  Josh really enjoyed spending time with his wonderful cousins, although he and Collin didn't quite agree on how to share YaYa. 
Battling for YaYa's lap
Tuckered out!


Josh and I had a wonderful trip, and the little man came home from our trip wearing this to tell Daddy the great news! 

No comments: